Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious and different side dish. I guessed on the ounces for the beans since I don't have them in my house right now. Use standard size cans that are between 13-16 ounces each.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 45 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained (any combination of navy, great northern & cannellini)
- 14 ounces vegetarian baked beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- In 1 1/2 quart glass baking dish, combine onion mixture with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour or until bubbly.
These beans are great. I only made had a big can of cannellini beans. I used 1/4c of maple syrup and all the other ingredients. I will make the full recipe to bring to a party soon. Thanks.
This was delicious! I made it for a picnic and everyone there really liked it. I cut the syrup in half as we don't like our beans very sweet, and I added bacon. Thanks Karen!
Although I only used one type of beans (just great northern), it was very good. I scaled it down to just one very small can of beans to serve two people. Very interesting and diffrent taste to beans, my mother did not really like this, but she hates mixing sweet and savory in any way at all. Served these with BBQ chicken and lo mein (odd combo lol). I plan on making these again for potlucks and such over the summer for a diffrent take on beans!