Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
4 ingredients! Delicious sweet potatoes whipped with butter, sour cream and pure maple syrup. (Recipe from cooks.com)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork or knife. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until soft. Let cool slightly.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scoop the potato pulp into a bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, and maple syrup.
- Using a potato masher or sturdy whisk mash or beat the potatoes until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a covered casserole and keep warm until ready to serve.
These were so good. My kids loved them, too! I peeled my sweet potatoes and boiled them. Then, whipped them with the butter, sour cream, maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon using a hand mixer. (I opted to forgo the salt and pepper in favor of cinnamon.) Then, I put them in a pie plate and baked them for 30 more minutes while I was waiting for the rest of dinner to be done. Fantastic! The children gobbled them up and asked for more.
Wow, this was good! My SIL made this at a recent family gathering and we all loved it. I made it at home and blended the mix. Not only was it delicious but it was so creamy and comforting. I'm never making mashed sweet potatoes any other way. This is awesome!