Recipe by Petite Mommy
4 ingredients! Delicious sweet potatoes whipped with butter, sour cream and pure maple syrup. (Recipe from cooks.com)
Top Review by Bobbin
These were so good. My kids loved them, too! I peeled my sweet potatoes and boiled them. Then, whipped them with the butter, sour cream, maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon using a hand mixer. (I opted to forgo the salt and pepper in favor of cinnamon.) Then, I put them in a pie plate and baked them for 30 more minutes while I was waiting for the rest of dinner to be done. Fantastic! The children gobbled them up and asked for more.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork or knife. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until soft. Let cool slightly.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scoop the potato pulp into a bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, and maple syrup.
- Using a potato masher or sturdy whisk mash or beat the potatoes until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a covered casserole and keep warm until ready to serve.