Recipe by MarraMamba
A delicious and tantalizing muffin recipe using pure canadian maple syrup..ok ok, US in a pinch :) Low fat yogurt should work well and i would substitute the oil with apple sauce to make it more calorie friendly
Top Review by Feneant
Very nice texture and super fluffy but they have next to no flavor. I used Grade B Amber syrup and even swapped the yogurt out for mixed flavors (mocha, marula and cinnamon) and can't imagine what it would taste with the regular light syrup you find and plain yogurt. I would try them again but add much stronger flavors.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combined all dry ingredients.
- Beat together egg, maple syrup, oil and yogurt.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, just enough to moisten. Fold in nuts and spoon into well greased muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in 400F oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned.