Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These light, delicious waffles are from the Canadian Living website. Serve topped with whipped cream, maple syrup and a sprinkle of toasted walnuts. Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (You may substitute vegetable oil for the butter)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together the two flours, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, butter and maple syrup.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- For each waffle, brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour in sufficient batter to spread to the edges (I have a Belgian waffle iron so for this type you would need approximately 1-1/2 cups of batter.).
- Close the lid and cook until crisp, golden and the steam stops, about 4 to 5 minutes.