1/4 Photos of Maple Walnut Tarts
1 hr 20 mins
Winnipeg *Mel*'s Note:
I got this recipe from my MIL, it originally comes from our community newspaper. They are so tasty and our family has decided that we prefer these to butter tarts. Prep time includes chilling the pastry and cook time includes set time for the tarts. Top with whipping cream if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter or 1/2 cup hard margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup shortening, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1To make pastry: in a medium bowl, combine flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
- 2Cut in butter or margarine and shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Add water, 2 tbsp at a time, mixing with a fork; add a little more or less than the 1/2 c water as needed.
- 4Press mixture into 2 flat disks, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5To make filling: beat together eggs, syrup, brown sugar, melted butter or margarine and vanilla until just blended.
- 6On a lightly floured board, roll pastry disks to 1/16" thick.
- 7Cut into 5 inch circles. Roll scraps of dough and cut again. Line 12-3 inch tart pans with pastry. Divide walnuts equally between tart shells. Pour maple syrup mixture over walnuts. Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is golden and filling is soft set. Let stand 15 minutes befire removing from tart pans.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Walnut Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (1358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g