Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good syrup that can be used in many ways. This recipe gives instructions for canning. It will make 4 half-pints.
- Combine corn syrup, maple syrup, water and sugar in a saucepot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer syrup until it begins to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in nuts; cook 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot syrup into hot jars, seaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Yield: about 4 half-pints.
Delicious! I love maple walnut sundaes! I submitted my photo, made with chocolate ice cream. You gotta try it! :)
THANK YOU so much for posting this recipe! I had so much trouble trying to find a syrup recipe that took real maple syrup instead of maple flavoring! I was trying to find a healthy alternative to regular syrup with healthy maple syrup and without HFCS, plus tastes great. I found it! Thank you!!
I made this recipe what can I say? Great! This is so easy I can't believe it is so good. I canned it and I am giving it as gifts for the holidays. Thanks so much. Carol