Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A nice dish to serve for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Cook time includes first baking the potatoes.
- 3 lbs medium sweet potatoes (approximately 8)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for 60 minutes or until soft; cool.
- Peel and mash then add maple syrup, butter, salt and cloves.
- Beat till blended an place in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot (approximately 15 minutes).