Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
These buns are a delightful variation of the popular pecan sticky buns. Maple syrup adds a wonderful new flavor!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 1⁄4-2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup warm water, 110-120 F degree
- 2 eggs
- maple syrup
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a sauce pan. Add brown sugar and 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- Heat, stirring until sugar is disolved. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 3/4 cup of flour, the yeast, granulated sugar and salt. Add 1/3 cup butter and the warm water. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and 1/4 cup more flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough more flour to make a soft dough. Turn out on lightly floured board and knead 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and satiny.
- Roll dough to a 14 x 9 inch rectangle.Spread lightly with maple and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Roll up into a 9 inch roll. Pinch seam to seal. Cut into 9 one-inch slices and arrange in baking dish, cut side up. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 1/4 hours - or until light.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand in the baking dish for 10 minutes. Then turn out on a large plate to cool.
I would have given you five stars, but you didn't say what temperature to cook them at!