1/1 Photo of Maple Walnut Scones
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
I love the taste of maple! These have a shiny crust and are tender inside. Serve hot with butter, maple butter or honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease and flour a cookie sheet.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and blend with a whisk.
- 4Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives.
- 5In a separate bowl beat the eggs; blend in syrup and cream.
- 6Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients all at once.
- 7Mix in walnuts and stir just enough to blend together.
- 8Gather the dough into a ball and roll out between two pieces of waxed paper forming a circle about 1 1/2-inches thick.
- 9Cut into 8 pie shaped pieces and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- 10Brush tops with additional syrup and bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Walnut Scones
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g