Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great to make during the holiday season. The prep time does not include the time for rising. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 6 -7 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 cups ground walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- In large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- In small saucepan, heat sour cream, butter and water to 120-130 degrees; add to dry ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into four portions.
- Roll each portion into a 14-inch x 12-inch rectangle.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and syrup; stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle 1 cup over each rectangle.
- Roll up each, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cover, let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over rolls.