Recipe by Lainey39
These are great to make during the holiday season. The prep time does not include the time for rising. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 6 -7 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 cups ground walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- In small saucepan, heat sour cream, butter and water to 120-130 degrees; add to dry ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into four portions.
- Roll each portion into a 14-inch x 12-inch rectangle.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and syrup; stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle 1 cup over each rectangle.
- Roll up each, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cover, let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over rolls.