Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pudding forms a cake on top with a sauce underneath.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract (vanilla may be substituted)
- 14 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons butter or 3 teaspoons margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients together except walnuts and hot water.
- Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Pour hot water over all.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a cake tester or tooth pick inserted in the center of the upper part (the cake part of the pudding) comes out clean.