Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Maple and walnuts come together with whole wheat flour to make a robust pancake.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour milk, made using 1% milk
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Preheat non-stick pan sprayed with over medium heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sour milk, maple syrup and egg. Add to dry ingredients and whisk till completely blended.
- For each pancake pour about a 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot pan.
- Cook on first side until bubbles that form begin to pop and edges look dry.
- With a spatula, turn and cook until second side is rich golden brown.
- Serve with additional maple syrup.
These are great pancakes! Such great flavor from the maple and walnuts, and surprisingly light and fluffy. Thanks for sharing a lovely breakfast treat! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Delicious! I love to find recipes that taste great and are healthy, too. These were very quick and easy to make. I loved the crunch of the nuts and the sweetness of the maple syrup. I got 11 fluffy, light pancakes that were devoured in no time. **Made for 2015 Culinary Quest (Quebec Canada) for Munching Minions
Delicious and into my best of 2015 recipes file! I love healthy ingredients, but sometimes the end result isn't as tasty as the original. This was not the case here. These pancakes fluffed up beautifully, were full of flavor and I loved, loved, loved the walnut crunch. Easy and delicious. Thank you! Made for CQ2 - Quebec Canada.