Recipe by Whisper
This recipe is a little different from others on this site in that it uses oatmeal. These are really good!
Top Review by mianbao
These are different, but very nice! They are surprisingly not all that sweet, but with strong overtones of maple and walnut. I did have all ingredients at room temperature, but found it a little hard to mix the butter in. Most muffin recipes I have used call for melted butter or oil. I think melting the butter for these would be a good idea. I greased the tins well, not knowing if the syrup would make removal difficult or not, but the muffins came out fine, even without the wait (I am impatient!) Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray medium-size muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and oats.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, butter, eggs and maple syrup; add to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before removing muffins from cups.