Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yet another maple muffin recipe from my expanding collection. These are really good, better than my favorite ice cream!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (256gm)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5ml)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (80gm)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (125gm) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (125gm)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (80gm)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (125ml)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (180ml)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15ml)
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 190°C Line muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the maple syrup and the eggs and beat until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and beat until well blended. Stir in the walnuts.
- Carefully pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling each section to about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
It was a great recipe. I added more nuts however and 1tbs of cinnamon. The next time I make this I'm tempted to add some gold raisins.