Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
easy and fast tastes great
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 walnuts, chopped
- In a heavy saucepot combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and water.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Over low heat simmer until slightly thickened which takes about ten minutes.
- Stir in the cream, vanilla, and nuts.
- Cool to room temperature before using so it will thicken to right consistency.
- Makes 1 cup of sauce.
This is soooooooo good! I made as directed, it needed no alterations. Make sure when you prepare this recipe, that you allow the sauce to cool before serving. Cooling will provide the proper consistancy and flavor for the sauce. Thanks, Andypandy!