Recipe by andypandy
easy and fast tastes great
Top Review by Bev
This is soooooooo good! I made as directed, it needed no alterations. Make sure when you prepare this recipe, that you allow the sauce to cool before serving. Cooling will provide the proper consistancy and flavor for the sauce. Thanks, Andypandy!
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepot combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and water.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Over low heat simmer until slightly thickened which takes about ten minutes.
- Stir in the cream, vanilla, and nuts.
- Cool to room temperature before using so it will thicken to right consistency.
- Makes 1 cup of sauce.