4 hrs 35 mins
This was always my father's favorite flavour of ice cream, and there is nothing tastier or better than fresh homemade icecream. This goes great with large wedges of apple walnut pie,a nd if you are feeling really decadent, butterscotch sauce poured over all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil syrup in a 2 quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat until reduced to 3/4 cup, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in cream, milk and salt and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- 3Whisk eggs in a large bow, then add hot cream in a slow stream, whisking.
- 4Transfer to a saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened and an instant read thermometer registers 170*F, 1 to 2 minutes (do not let boil!).
- 5Pour custard through a fine sieve into a clean metal bowl, then cool, stirring occasionally.
- 6Chill, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- 7Freeze custard in an ice-cream maker until soft frozen, then with motor running, add nuts.
- 8Continue churning ice cream until frozen, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Walnut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.8
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 128.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g