Recipe by sykesrussia
This is an easy, economical granola; reminiscent of maple-nut oatmeal. Use as a topping on yogurt or ice cream, as a cereal, or a healthy snack-on-the-go.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 (2 cup) packagewhole grain pre-cooked rice
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup toasted salted almond
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, except rice, by hand in large bowl.
- Add oil, butter, honey and syrup to saucepan and warm.
- Pour into dry ingredient mixture and thoroughly mix by hand until all particles are covered.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook remaining 10 minutes.
- Cool and place in airtight container or re-sealable bag.