Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
A friend brought this out for our kids to snack on while we chatted but I could not stop eating it by handfuls myself. I like the simplicity of it.
Top Review by Che Barbie #2
easy to make, Great flavor.I added sunflower seeds,pecans and walnuts,I use it with plain unflavored no fat greek yogurt. i also added dried cranberries and blueberries. thank you for a healthy recipe.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine oats, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl,mix maple syrup, vanilla, and oil.
- Pour syrup mixture over oat mixture and combine until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spread mixture onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Stir and return to the oven 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Granola may be stored up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.