Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast walnuts in pie plate; set aside to cool.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, and maple syrup with mixer on high speed till well blended--light and fluffy.
- Lower speed to medium; beat in eggs, then vanilla and maple flavoring.
- Lower speed to low; add flour mixture and beat just till blended.
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until the tops are golden and springy when lightly touched, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely in muffin tins on rack.