Recipe by Dorel
I have made these for church fellowship gatherings and they always go over very well. This is a no bake recipe. The cook time is the 5 minutes cooking on top of the stove.
- 20 graham crackers
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham wafers, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup maple flavored pancake syrup
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil.
- Place 10 wafers in a single layer in bottom of pan, cutting to fit. Save other 10 for top
- Set aside.
- Crush another 10 wafers for filling. Or use about 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In saucepan, mix brown sugar, butter, milk and syrup.
- Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crushed wafers, coconut and walnuts.
- Spread over wafers in pan.
- Top with remaining wafers, cutting to fit.
- Mix all frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over top while warm.
- Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate until firm.