Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My friend made this for me and warned that I would request the recipe before the end of the meal. It was fantastic and I got the recipe as warned :) I usually make with roasted potatoes as a side.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1.Combine olive oil, thyme, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2.Rub chicken with seasoning and let stand.
- 3.In a 12" nonstick skillet, toast walnuts over medium-low heat 4-6 min or until golden and fragrant, stirring constantly. Note: walnuts may burn quickly if left unattended.
- 4.Transfer walnuts to dish, and turn heat up to medium under the hot skillet.
- 5.Add chicken to same skillet. Cook 12 min or until done, turning frequently.
- 6.Transfer chicken to a clean plate.
- 7.Add vinegar to the chicken drippings in the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 8.Add maple syrup and water, and simmer 6-7 min until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts and serve on top of chicken.