Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan."
Make and share this Maple Walnut Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, juice, oil, vanilla, and walnuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled 8x8 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
I'm sorry but my husband and I weren't that crazy over these brownies. The bitter cocoa taste took over the sweet maple and they were also very cake-like, even though I only used 1 tsp of baking powder. I was expecting something a little more gooey and rich. It could have just been our personal preferences! Sorry! Thank you for posting your recipe.
I'm not a vegan, not even sure of what that means, just needed to use up some maple styrup, so I chose this recipe. It was easy to make and smelled grzeat, tastes good, but has a very strange consistency. The consistency would be the reason I wouldn't make this again. Cooked fast in about 25 minutes, and I also used the walnuts. Cuts into very pretty squares too.
This recipe uses 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and is really yummy! I prefer using Carob Powder but it is good either way. I strongly recommend the cookbook it comes from as well.