Recipe by mielhollinger
This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan."
Top Review by trishypie
I'm sorry but my husband and I weren't that crazy over these brownies. The bitter cocoa taste took over the sweet maple and they were also very cake-like, even though I only used 1 tsp of baking powder. I was expecting something a little more gooey and rich. It could have just been our personal preferences! Sorry! Thank you for posting your recipe.
- 314.66 ml flour
- 78.07 ml cocoa powder or 78.07 ml carob powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml apple juice or 59.14 ml water
- 78.07 ml oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, juice, oil, vanilla, and walnuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled 8x8 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.