1/1 Photo of Maple Walnut Brownies
1 hr 15 mins
I like maple syrup. And walnuts. Brownies too. I REALLY like these Maple Walnut Brownies from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalogue. These dense, chewy bars are a nice change of pace from the usual pumpkin- and apple-based fall desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml real maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml maple flavoring
- 177.44 ml chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8" square pan.
- 2Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- 3Melt butter and brown sugar together in the microwave or over a burner; remove from heat and stir in the syrup. Allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm (I let it sit for about an hour).
- 4Stir in the eggs one at a time, then the maple flavor.
- 5Stir in the dry ingredients, and finally the walnuts.
- 6Pour into prepared pan, and bake 25 minutes, just until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from oven and cool before cutting and glazing.
- 7To make the glaze: Whisk all three ingredients together, adding more liquid if necessary to make a pourable glaze.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Walnut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 134.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g