Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lower carb version of a recipe from Kraftfoods.com. The muffins come out moist and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces, chopped
- Mix water, splenda, and maple flavoring. Heat in microwave until hot.
- Mix together cereal, milk, maple mixture, butter, and egg in small bowl. Let stand five minutes.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry just until blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove and serve warm.