Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This I got from a Today Parents magazine and kind of made it my own, was supposed to be for my baby but my husband loved it so much he rarely leaves a piece for her..... she didn't like it anyways :). Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I use spelt flour)
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats, old fashioned or quick (not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease an 8 in square baking pan.
- In a large bowl with and electric mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar just until creamy.
- Add the maple syrup, egg and vanilla and continue beating on high speed until throughly combined.
- In another bowl stir together the flour, oats and baking powder.
- Add to the butter mixture, beating just until evenly mixed.
- Stir in the walnuts and spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. dont over bake.
- Cut into squares, Let cool.