1/2 Photos of Maple Walnut Bars
mary winecoff's Note:
This is a quick and easy bar cookie made with a cake mix crust. I was given a huge bottle of maple syrup on the condition that I make cookies and this is what I used it for. These are not overly sweet and a great fall cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For the bottom layer, in a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg.
- 3Stir until mixture forms a thick dough.
- 4Press evenly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 5Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- 6Meanwhile, for the top layer, in a large bowl, combine syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 7Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- 8Stir in walnuts.
- 9Pour over hot bottom layer; spread to cover the entire surface.
- 10Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until the top layer just starts to set.
- 11Cool completely in pan.
- 12Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Walnut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 182.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g