Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy maple walnut bars made with a cake mix. Delicious fall or Christmas cookies.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13"x9" baking pan.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cake mix; set aside.
- For the crust: in a large mixing bowl, stir together remaining cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg until thoroughly blended (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until light golden brown (15-20 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine reserved cake mix, maple syrup, remaining 3 eggs, sugar and vanilla extract; beat at low speed of electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake until filling is set (30-35 minutes).
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars to serve, and store any extras in refrigerator.
These are great! Rich and Delicious!! I made them for my Christmas party. They went over so well I found myself making copies of the recipe for everyone. I would definitely make them again. Thank you!
mmmm mmmm good and rich...if a maple nut use the rich dark amber...ohhhh my goodness these are so good. Definately adding these to my cookbook. Thank you so very much for sharing this recipe