- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 med.)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, throughly stir together the eggs, bananas, melted butter, milk and flavoring.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just moistened.
- Pour into greased loaf pan or 9x9 pan.
- Sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350, if using loaf pan will take longer, around 40-55 minutes. 9x9 will take about 25-35 minutes. Keep a eye on it and check with a knife to see if done.
- If top starts browning too early, cover with foil.
- Sometimes we stirred extra walnuts into the batter.