Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This bread is from Light and Tasty magazine. It's really good! Moist and tastes just like fattening banana bread :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 med.)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix together the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, throughly stir together the eggs, bananas, melted butter, milk and flavoring.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just moistened.
- Pour into greased loaf pan or 9x9 pan.
- Sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350, if using loaf pan will take longer, around 40-55 minutes. 9x9 will take about 25-35 minutes. Keep a eye on it and check with a knife to see if done.
- If top starts browning too early, cover with foil.
- Sometimes we stirred extra walnuts into the batter.
Easy and very tasty recipe.
Very good quick bread. Like a couple of other reviewers, I used a full teaspoon of the maple extract as I was afraid the bananas would overpower the maple flavor. I used chopped pecans on top of the bread, and covered the loaf pan with foil during the last 15 minutes so they wouldn't burn. This bread smelled heavenly when it was baking! After tasting it, I noticed that it wasn't overly sweet (which I liked), but also realized that the bananas still overpowered the maple flavor, so I made a light glaze of powdered sugar, real maple syrup, a 1/4 tsp maple extract & a little water to make it drizzling consistency. Perfect! I will make this again - thanks for posting! -M =)
Yummy!! My family really loved this moist, delicious bread. It goes together very quickly and has a nice, subtle maple flavor. I did increase the maple flavoring to 1 tsp. and I'm glad that I did because I don't think you'd be able to taste it otherwise. Also, I used pecans and added 1/4 cup to the batter and 1/4 cup for the top of the loaf. I baked it in a cast iron loaf pan for 50 mins. at 325 degrees and it came out perfect. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!