Recipe by The Legal Chef
I sometimes use 1/4 cup canola oil, but I use water when I'm trying to be more health conscious. I also sometimes add 1/4 cup whole cashews. For breakfast, I combine 1/3- 1/2 cup of granola with 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt and sometimes some fresh blueberries. I omit the additional salt when I use salted nuts.
- 828.06 ml old fashioned oats
- 236.59 ml unsweetened flaked coconut (sweetened also works well)
- 236.59 ml sliced almonds (or whole almonds)
- 59.14 ml roasted sunflower seeds
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.16 ml brown sugar (scant 1/4 cup)
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml water
- 14.79 ml pure vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 59.14 ml dried apricot
- 59.14 ml dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat syrup over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well (except the fruit).
- Spread on two jelly roll pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before mixing with fruit and storing in an airtight container.