Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy vegan cereal with nuts and dried fruit
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups cashews
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, sweetened with fruit juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, puffed rice, cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Spread mixture into large glass pyrex dish or large cookie sheet.
- Cook for 60 minutes, stirring mixture every 15 minutes. At the 45 minute mark, mix in raisins and dried cranberries.
- Let cool thoroughly before storing in containers. Enjoy with fresh fruit and homemade almond milk or rice milk!