Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty mixture that makes a great breakfast food or snack!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar and margarine together until light and flul1 set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, walnuts and syrup together; spread mixture evenly in a 13x9-inch ungreased baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another mixing bowl; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Knead 8 times on a surface lightly dusted with baking mix.
- Roll dough out into a 16x9-inch rectangle; spread with cream cheese mixture. Fold the dough lengthwise into thirds; press edges to seal. Cut into 16 (1-inch) strips; gently twist ends in opposite directions one full twist. Arrange on top of brown sugar mixture in baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; serve warm.