Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Most tofu puddings are chocolate, but not this one. Soft tofu makes the best puddings. If you only have firm tofu, you can try to make the recipe with it, but you will need to add a little water (maybe 1/4-cup or so), and blend it for about twice as long. Even then, the pudding may have a slightly grainy texture, although, it will taste just as good. This is a great recipe, especially with walnuts sprinkled on top. The pudding is rich and creamy and very satisfying.
- 12 -14 ounces soft tofu
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup or 1⁄3 cup pancake syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup black walnut, finely chopped (optional)
- Drain the tofu and cut it into small pieces.
- Place the pieces in a blender.
- Add the oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Put the lid on the blender.
- Process the mixture for a minute or two, or until the pudding is quite smooth.
- If necessary, turn off the blender, and scrape down the sides of the blender jar.
- Then put the lid back on and process some more.
- When the mixture is smooth, turn it into 4 small, resealable, half-cup containers.
- Chill until serving time, or serve right away if desired.
- If you like, you can sprinkle a tablespoon of finely chopped walnuts on top of each serving of pudding.
- I prefer black walnuts, but any type will do.
I was getting a little tired of chocolate tofu pudding, so I was happy to try this maple flavor. Unfortunately, I didn't really care for the taste. The texture was all right, but I think I'll stick with my tried and true chocolate recipe.
This recipe is very good if you can't have chocolate. I did subsitute sunflower oil for the corn oil though as I can't have corn oil either. It is a very sweet recipe. I've not much of a sweet-tooth so I can only eat a few spoonfuls at a time,but on a restricted diet anything with flavour is good. The texture is great, and I didn't notice any tofu taste. Just maple syrup and vanilla. It's a great way to easily add tofu to your diet. Thanks so much! You really helped me out of a bind.