Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe came from another of my cookbooks. It's simple and tastes great. Kids love it because it's different and fun looking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with a non-stick spray.
- Cut the crusts off the bread.
- Mix the butter and maple syrup together and brush both sides of the bread with the mixture.
- Place the bread in the muffin pan to form cups.
- Crack open the eggs and drop one egg into each cup.
- Bake until egg is cooked to your liking (12 to 14 minutes for soft yolks).
- NOTE: EGGS WILL BE MORE COOKED ON THE BOTTOM.
Yummy way to eat an egg for breakfast. Loved the addition of the maple syrup. I had some butter/syrup mixture left over and drizzled that over the "muffins" after they were baked. Used Smart Balance Light in place of the butter and used whole wheat bread.