Recipe by Carol in Oregon 2
This recipe came from another of my cookbooks. It's simple and tastes great. Kids love it because it's different and fun looking.
Top Review by LainieBug
Yummy way to eat an egg for breakfast. Loved the addition of the maple syrup. I had some butter/syrup mixture left over and drizzled that over the "muffins" after they were baked. Used Smart Balance Light in place of the butter and used whole wheat bread.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with a non-stick spray.
- Cut the crusts off the bread.
- Mix the butter and maple syrup together and brush both sides of the bread with the mixture.
- Place the bread in the muffin pan to form cups.
- Crack open the eggs and drop one egg into each cup.
- Bake until egg is cooked to your liking (12 to 14 minutes for soft yolks).
- NOTE: EGGS WILL BE MORE COOKED ON THE BOTTOM.