Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Cooking Light. Orange juice can be used instead of tangerine.
- 4 cups carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds in 1/8th in think slices)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tangerine juice (about 2 tangerines)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Stir in chives, salt, and pepper.