Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very rich fruit salad or dessert. A perfect side to ham, chicken or turkey. A little goes a long way. Delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix maple syrup to softened cream cheese, cool.
- Stir in pinapple and pecans.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Chill or freeze if desired.
Oh my, is this ever good! Very rich and a little portion will satisfy your sweet tooth. This is very smooth and delightful and the walnuts gives it a nice crunch too. PERFECT! Its easy to prepare expecially when you need to come up with a side dish in a hurry. Thanks so much for sharing, KelBel.
This recipe is so easy and it tastes fantastic. I took it to a family potluck and everyone loved it. Its a unique taste that became one of my staples right away!
Unusual recipe so I was intrigued to try this. You can't quite put your finger on the flavor the maple syrup lends like Nick's Mom said and I used light cream cheese and cool whip. It didn't set too well initially (was pretty runny) but when allowed to chill longer, it did.