Recipe by Sage
A wonderful maple syrup dessert I have been making forever.
Top Review by PaulaG
This was baked in an 8 inch square pan and cut into 9 servings. I did follow Rita's suggestion and reduced the syrup to 3/4 cup. The cake is very sweet and moist. This is better warm with a small amount of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 236.59 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cake flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 maple syrup almost to a boil.
- Cream together butter, sugar and egg.
- Combine and add milk, flour,baking powder and salt.
- Grease and flour one 8 inches cake pan.
- Add maple syrup; drop in chopped pecans.
- Cover with cake batter and bake at 350 degrees for
- 20-30 minutes. Turn upside down and serve with ice-cream.