Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I usually make these in tart shells. It's been awhile since I've made them so I can't remember how many it makes. My friend calls these Tarte au Sucre. They are very nice with ice cream, whipped cream or just plain.
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 baked 8 inch pie shell
- Put maple syrup into a heavy saucepan.
- Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into maple syrup.
- Add egg yolks and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick approximitely 5 minutes.
- Add butter, stir until melted.
- Pour into pie shell and cool thoroughly.