Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A quick and easy chicken recipe that is delicious too!
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, about 3-1/2 pounds, cut into 4 quarters
- 1 fresh orange
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Place chicken quarters skin-side up on the prepared pan.
- Remove the zest from the orange with a grater, then juice the orange.
- Whisk together orange zest, orange juice, butter, maple syrup, onion powder, and salt.
- Brush orange mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until done, basting midway with drippings.
I did not cut my chicken up and used this as a basting sauce for a whole roasted chicken. I stuffed the discarded orange rinds into the cavity. I also used onion flakes instead of onion powder. I smeared butter on the skin and added the left over butter to the basting mix. The chicken did not get golden or crispy so I used the broiler for the last 5 minutes to get the skin tanned. Everyone enjoyed the flavors of the chicken and our 6 year old went back for thirds! Thank you for posting. Zaar World Tour 4. Whine and Cheese.
I made this in a crock pot. Layering a sliced onion on the bottom topping with chicken legs and then pouring the sauce mixture over all. I didn`t have butter so I subbed it with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Added some powdered ginger along with the powdered onion. Slow cooked on high for 3 hours. These was tender and the flavor of the orange was perfect.