Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my friend's mom's recipe. It is really good, and just the right amount of maple flavor. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Cream together margarine, sugar, and salt.
- Add flour, baking powder, and rolled oats, and blend with pastry cutter until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, mix together milk and syrup.
- Pour maple mixture over top of dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- For glaze, mix ingredients together and spread over muffins when slightly cooled.