Recipe by Boomette
Another recipe of maple syrup grandfathers. This is my favorite dessert. It's sweet. This is from Maman Dion (mother of Celine Dion). I'm posting the recipe for safekeeping.
Top Review by TasteTester
Mmmm.... What a quick and easy treat to make. My son loved the syrupy sweetness and I loved the light texture of these dumplings -- not heavy at all like some dumplings can be. Made exactly as written and they turned out perfect!
- 1 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water and maple syrup in a saucepan. Bring to boil and let simmer at a very low heat. Meanwhile, prepare the dough:.
- Dough: In a bowl, put flour, baking powder and salt. Add butter and rub with your hands.
- Add the milk and stir.
- With a spoon, let drop dough by spoonful directly in the boiling syrup.
- Cover and let simmer at very low heat for 15 minutes (Do not remove the cover in the 15 minutes).