1/2 Photos of Maple Syrup Glazed Baby Carrots
Make certain to cook or steam the carrots up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate, as they must be stir-fried cold, the recipe may be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the carrots in a saucepan, and cover with salted water; bring to a boil, and cook until just fork-tender (about 13-15 minutes, don't overcook!).
- 2Drain the carrots, then submerge under ice water or very cold water.
- 3Drain very well (I pat them dry with a paper towel) and place in a ziploc plastic storage bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 4Just before serving, melt butter in a large frypan over medium-high heat.
- 5Add maple syrup and toss in cold carrots.
- 6Stir-fry until browned (about 5 minutes).
- 7Season with salt, pepper and/or dill.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Syrup Glazed Baby Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g