Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Make certain to cook or steam the carrots up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate, as they must be stir-fried cold, the recipe may be doubled.
Top Review by KelBel
Wonderful. This makes a sweet vegetable even sweeter. Added nutmeg because I had carrots at a restaurant with nutmeg added and it adds a nice warm, deep flavor that complemented the maple nicely.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the carrots in a saucepan, and cover with salted water; bring to a boil, and cook until just fork-tender (about 13-15 minutes, don't overcook!).
- Drain the carrots, then submerge under ice water or very cold water.
- Drain very well (I pat them dry with a paper towel) and place in a ziploc plastic storage bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, melt butter in a large frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add maple syrup and toss in cold carrots.
- Stir-fry until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt, pepper and/or dill.