Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make certain to cook or steam the carrots up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate, as they must be stir-fried cold, the recipe may be doubled.
- Place the carrots in a saucepan, and cover with salted water; bring to a boil, and cook until just fork-tender (about 13-15 minutes, don't overcook!).
- Drain the carrots, then submerge under ice water or very cold water.
- Drain very well (I pat them dry with a paper towel) and place in a ziploc plastic storage bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, melt butter in a large frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add maple syrup and toss in cold carrots.
- Stir-fry until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt, pepper and/or dill.
Wonderful. This makes a sweet vegetable even sweeter. Added nutmeg because I had carrots at a restaurant with nutmeg added and it adds a nice warm, deep flavor that complemented the maple nicely.
Made these for dinner last night, they were very good. I'm not sure I'd just as soon have them without the syrup but they were still good.
This is delicious. I only made 1 lb of baby carrots, 1 tbsp of butter and approximately 2 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup. It's important that the carrots are "cold" so that you can "fry" them really good (slightly brown). I season my carrots with salt and pepper (to taste).