Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Great for sprinkling into pancakes or onto muffins/cookies and other treats. Be very careful not to burn yourself. Great when used in Mock Mcgriddle Use real maple syrup - pancake syrup is watered down and just wont crystallize the same! There is NO REAL USE for the water in the ingredients list, don't mix water in! I just needed two ingredients to post the recipe
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
I also made this to use in recipe#348557 and since this reminded me so much of snow taffy I mimicked the idea by placing my silicon pan in the fridge for about 5-7 minutes before using. When the syrup was ready I removed the pan from the fridge, held it a steep angle, and let a spoon drizzle the syrup in long thin strands down the length of the pan. Worked beautifully! Not as much work as I thought it would be. Made for New Kids on the Block, a tag game.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour syrup in pre-heated skillet over medium flame.
- When bubbly, stir constantly and cook another 4 minutes.
- Pour into silicone baking pan (never tried anything else, so use something else at your own caution shouldn't be enough to fill entirely, you need room to work it).
- before completely cooled (but no longer scalding!) gently stretch out to thin and add air into it.
- It should be a tacky taffy/candy like consistency at this time.
- Pull into a long thin rod (or a couple rods - no science here).
- Once hardened, crack and store in a air tight container - store in a cool place.
- Sprinkle on things as you please!