1/1 Photo of Maple Syrup Crystals
Great for sprinkling into pancakes or onto muffins/cookies and other treats. Be very careful not to burn yourself. Great when used in Mock Mcgriddle Use real maple syrup - pancake syrup is watered down and just wont crystallize the same! There is NO REAL USE for the water in the ingredients list, don't mix water in! I just needed two ingredients to post the recipe
My Private Note
- 1Pour syrup in pre-heated skillet over medium flame.
- 2When bubbly, stir constantly and cook another 4 minutes.
- 3Pour into silicone baking pan (never tried anything else, so use something else at your own caution shouldn't be enough to fill entirely, you need room to work it).
- 4before completely cooled (but no longer scalding!) gently stretch out to thin and add air into it.
- 5It should be a tacky taffy/candy like consistency at this time.
- 6Pull into a long thin rod (or a couple rods - no science here).
- 7Once hardened, crack and store in a air tight container - store in a cool place.
- 8Sprinkle on things as you please!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Syrup Crystals
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g