Recipe by tamarinda
Credited to "Candace & Amy" at the Vegan Lunch Box blog: http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/2006/02/black-eyed-peas-cornbread.html
Top Review by stereominate
Perfect. This has to be a pretty no-fail recipe, because I fudged on so much of it -- I forgot to add salt into the batter before pouring it into a muffin pan, so I just sprinkled some sea salt on top of each muffin before baking. Then I sprinkled some cayenne for fun. And I used coconut oil... but then the coconut oil solidified when I poured in the soy milk. So I had to nuke the whole wet mix to get it blended in. But it's delicious anyway.
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fine organic cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir wet ingredients together.
- In another bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry together.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 square pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 (or in miniloaf or muffin pans for about 25 minutes), until tester comes out clean.