Recipe by HeatherN
I only like cornbread when it's been drowned in maple syrup. This recipe has the syrup in it, so it's less messy! My husband and youngest son love this.
Top Review by Chef Saskatchewan Bound
Great taste and texture. This is an easy addition to any pork meal or chili recipe. The sweeter taste will off set the spicier tastes of some meals. Thanks Heather.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, syrup and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.